Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

One more thing... or two

Well, the last post was supposed to be the last post before we leave... but I have to share one story and thank 3 people whom I don't know how to contact besides blog/email...


Meredith - you know who you are - thank you for the gift that arrived this evening. The timing was perfect as Libby was melting down and nothing I did consoled her. But when she saw a gift for her with her own name on it she got real happy, real fast! Thank you! Both gifts are precious!

Tiffany (from SC) -the check for formula arrived and I purchased a whole case of Nutramigen with that money. The formula is packed and will be delivered to the Transition home on Tuesday!

Sullivans - the formula you are donating did not arrive today, but I have trusty friends who will take in later in June. Thank you so much for trying so hard to get it here on time. It will get delivered at just the right time.

Now, the story...

Libby has been so emotional tonight. She seems to be feeling better, so I wasn't sure what her problem was. But as the evening progressed it became clear.  She started talking about Gracie Lu a lot and all the things she going to do for her. She said she would come get me if Gracie was crying. She told me that she would come check on Gracie Lu and tell her everything is going to be okay. She said that if Gracie Lu is crying she'll come and let Gracie see her... she went on and on. The reality of becoming a big sister was hitting Libby tonight in a big way and it was very emotional for her. After we read some books and I tucked her in, I was walking down the hallway and I heard her talking to herself and she said in the most sweet little voice, "I'm going to get a baby sister!" It was like she finally realized mom is not crazy and Gracie Lu is not imaginary and this trip is really happening. I started boo hooing of course. 

Okay - seriously - that's the last post until after we leave - 

Cindy

3 comments:

Kari said...

Oh Cindy, what a precious post!!! We are praying & anticipating your journey with great joy!!!
We look forward to many updates & photos coming soon!!
Sweet Sleep!!
xoxo

Marti Pieper said...

I have nothing wise or wonderful to say tonight/this morning.

Only just: I love you.
He loves you more.
And His love is so great for two precious little girls that He has placed them in your care. He has chosen your family to model His!

Go with God and know you are continually lifted up before Him as you have been throughout this journey of (what else but) GRACE!


with love in Jesus always,

Marti

Meridith Parker said...

I'm glad it made it! Have a blessed trip!