Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Life With Gracie and A Special Father's Day!

We have been home just over one week and what a week it has been. Among the challenges of jet lag and getting an infant on a schedule who is also jet lagged and well... just plain old sleep deprivation, I (Cindy) got a stomach bug that left me throwing up and suffering from severe diarrhea for 24 hours... and it is still causing some trouble even today... so that was a pretty big set back! However.... Gracie is already on a schedule (she eats EVERY 3 hours - day and night!) that works for us and her for now... until the doc. tells us to do something different. She wakes around 6 AM for her bottle, then has wake/play time and then a nap that starts about an hour before her next bottle, but doesn't last the whole hour just yet... we're getting there. Billy had to take on ALL the feedings during the 24 hours I was sick. He was SUPER DAD! And he also woke up the next morning with a great appreciation for my getting up for the previous nighttime feedings and is now totally taking on 1-2 feeding a night for me from now on - WHAT A SWEETIE!

Life with Gracie is wonderful. Libby has really adjusted well and is so much happier now that we're home. The Lord has shown us some great ways to tackle a few of her issues and it seems to be working so far. I'll probably share more about that at another time.

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves except that I have to share one more thing... Billy is amazing! Though the last month has probably been the hardest in both our lives, we have pulled through it together. We're on the same page and he has been so supportive, encouraging, hopeful and helpful the whole way. He was celebrated greatly today for being such an awesome dad and husband on this special Father's day! We gave him a card with both our girls sweet footprints in them. Then we took him out to lunch. We gave him permission to buy a used jeep if he can find one he wants. And we went to the pool to cap off the night. I am so blessed by Billy Foote. The thing that keeps swelling my heart for him today is his long drive to visit Gracie's birthmother on the same day we arrived in Ethiopia after DAYS of travel. He was such a great daddy and husband to do that! And also his wonderful care of Gracie when I was sick. He never complained and just took over for me. Love that man!

Libby was taken care of by my friend Cristie and I am so thankful for that! We may have lost our minds if we had to handle her when I was throwing up. She did not understand why I was sick. She had never seen me like that before and she wouldn't leave my side...so the Martines stepped in and took her out for a great play day. Thank you Martines!

Thank you also to all my dear friends who have prayed and who have brought us meals over the last several days and more! Thank you all so much for your TLC!

Okay - enjoy the pictures.... (including Gracie's first swimsuit... so cute!) Oh - and I just realized that I can't find the pictures of Gracie in the Moses basket that Billy's parents shipped to us... it might be on Billy's camera... so I will try to find those tomorrow and share that too!

Libby loves on Gracie after her bath. Libby is turning into a great big helper...especially at bath time.
I love how she sleeps. So peaceful!

A picture of jet lag

And more jet lag....

and more jet lag...

Look how tiny she is next to Daddy!

She smiles often!

Such a cutie (sorry the last 2 are sideways.. oops!)

She learned how to pull the toy quickly to get the music on. 

Resting on her leaf.

All lotioned up and shining - with a bow, of course.

Sweet Sisters!

Daddy and his girls.

She is growing closer and closer to Billy as I am having to attend to Gracie so much. Daddy is FUN!

The morning of Father's Day... I just love that top on her!

Family Photo at Houlihann's where we had lunch... yum!

Aren't they all so cute together!

Father's Day evening at the pool... just relaxing as a family.

One of my favorite photos of Gracie so far. Her face is starting to clear up from all the chicken pox. Isn't this swimsuit the cutest! (Thank you Elissa!)

As soon as I put the hat on she cried her eyes out.... I don't blame her!

Pretty Libby in the pool.

Floating with Gracie.

Me and my girls!

Sun Bathing Beauty.

So kissable!

10 comments:

Kari said...

OH MY GOODNESS... I'm in love:)) The photos of Aria are stunning. She is so tiny, but she looks exactly the size our Zoie girl looked like... (brings back memories) She will thrive with rapid speed!!!
Beautiful family!!
Welcome home!!!
xoxo

The Reeds said...

yay for you guys! She already seems so much more alert in these pictures! She looks like a different baby.
I love the one of them on the couch together and her with the headband. Precious!

one of my closest friends, and most encouraging sisters in Christ, Rahel, is Ethiopian (we met in college) and she is a powerhouse for the Lord- so I can't help but think of what a wonderful woman my friend is when I look at your new darling... I'm sure she'll be passionate and as wonderful as my dear friend!

Becky said...

Gracie is so so so so cute!!! And that Libby...she looks like a little lady! I can't believe it!! One more thing, your guns!!! How awesome are those arms! I'm totally impressed! Seriously, all of you look so good. Even though you feel miserable, this too shall pass and I can't wait to one day fly over to Tx and spend time with you. Love you all. Thanks for the pics. I love seeing my neices!

Allison said...

SOOO Happy for your family today! And so jealous too!

GO BILLY!!! What a dad! What a guy! You're a hero! Really!

We love you guys...can't wait to visit!

Marti Pieper said...

I was gone for a few days and no Internet but . . . wow, what a blessing on my return. Praying for your girls, your tummy, and for God to add the increase to the ministry of your godly man! LOVE YOU and so thankful for all He is doing in your lives.

Welcome Aria Grace Lulu Baby Foote!! And congratulations to all!

Debi said...

Hi Cindy and Foote family!!
I was so excited to see the photos of you back home with Gracie. She is growing by the day!!!
Happy Father's Day, Billy!! Your sweet girls are so blessed to have you as their daddy. May God bless and guide you.
Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi

Kelli Diane Kanani said...

I love the pictures. You guys look like naturals with both girls. :) We are thinking of you guys and love you all.

Tonya said...

I know we don't really "know" each other, but both of your adoption blogs have been such a blessing to me.

I'm glad to hear and see that you and Gracie are doing well! And Libby is going to be a wonderful big sissy...looks and sounds like she alreay is!

Not a lot of women have such wonderful husbands (I'm blessed to have one!)...I'm glad he was able to help you out. Good job Billy!

You truly have been blessed with two sweet, beautiful girls....God is so good! Love the bathing suit pictures :)

julie w said...

Love all the pics! Gracie is so adorable! Libby is growing up so fast and is just as beautiful as ever!
I am so happy for you all! What a beautiful family of 4!
Love to you all!

The Jackson 5 said...

What a beautiful family you have!! I love the pictures of your girls together. Many blessings as you bond as a family. Welcome home!