Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Around the town in ET


Only a few things to mention today. We chose not to visit the orphanages that AW partners with. It was a hard decision to make as we would have loved to go, but we just needed a slow family day before tackling travel tomorrow. We walked down one of the main streets in town today and took a few pictures, but it is really hard to get pictures of the people because most ask for money and if you do that for one you end up with a lot more that want the same thing. We took pictures instead of a few markets and street scenes.

Bonding with Gracie is going beautifully. She is so precious. I left her today to take a nap. When she woke up Billy was trying to console her. He changed her diaper, walked around the room with her, but she wouldn't stop crying. I woke up and when I held her she calmed down. I think she is really bonding with me since I have been doing all the feedings. Billy has been a HUGE help with Libby and so we've just been keeping that going knowing that when we get home he wants to do some bonding with Gracie too. We just need Libby to feel secure so Billy is giving her a lot of attention. 

One sad story (but we know it will be okay): When Libby wakes in the morning she is always so excited to see me. She runs to me and calls my "momma bear" and kisses me and hugs me. This morning I heard her wake so I picked up Gracie and ran into her room. Her face was full of excitement until she saw that I was holding Gracie and her face totally fell to sadness. She is doing GREAT with Gracie during the day - loving on her, telling her stories, entertaining her - but that was a moment when she just wanted momma. She never said anything about it - I just noticed it. so we've been working hard today to reassure her that she is loved.

The pictures above include scenes from our walk around town and also some of the artwork and baskets we purchased at other markets.

Tonight - the packing begins!!!!! We are all very excited to get home and not so excited about how long it will take to get there. We have a few things to do tomorrow - including getting our visa/paperwork stuff (can't even remember which paperwork it is, but its important!). Then we have to be at the airport by 5:30PM and the traveling begins. Please pray for us - for strength, endurance and joy!

We can't wait to see our friends at the airport when we arrive! I think I posted our itinerary in another post. I'll have to check on that. I don't know if I'll have another chance to post after tonight. Our layover in Dubai is only 9 hours and it is in the middle of the night so I probably won't be able to.

We'll be home soon!!!
Cindy

--
Billy and Cindy Foote
Billy Foote Music, Inc.
3531 Hilldale Point
San Antonio, TX 78261
817.371.0689
www.billyfoote.com
www.myspace.com/billyfooteband
www.followthefeet.blogspot.com
www.adoptingaria.blogspot.com
www.libbysong.com

2 comments:

Danielle said...

How wonderful you're almost home! I can't believe it! I understand the sadness from another sibling, too. Our Owen (3) has had the hardest time with Selah...but he's a trooper and I'm sure Libby will be, too! Safe travels, Danielle

Kari said...

The photos are beautiful!!! We love you & praying you home!!!!
xoxo