Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Here's How It Went...Short Form...

So - I haven't the time to tell all that home study involved today, but just know it went well! I would share all the details, but we fly out in the morning to lead worship for a church in Alabama and I still have to pack! YIKES!

Good news is.... Billy not only made it home on time - he got an earlier flight out and made it home by 10:45 AM. Yeah! Great news is... our next home study appointment is Monday afternoon in Austin, TX. Greater news is.... our last home study appointment is Tuesday morning in Austin. (we're going to spend the night there). So, we're getting our home study visits done fast and that makes me HAPPY!.... Sad news is.... 1. Libby was NOT having the best afternoon while our case worker was at our home - but, oh well. 2. our case worker says it could take 4 weeks to get the home study report done and ready to mail out to USCIS.... long, sad, sigh... I'm hoping and praying things will move faster than that. We'll see.

So - I'm off to pack. We fly back to San Antonio Sunday night and then drive to Austin Monday and come back Tuesday. So, I may not get a chance to detail out the home study visits until after the last one.

Thank you so much everyone for all your awesome prayers and support!
Lots and lots of love,
cindy
PS - Mrs. Kim and Mrs. Belinda - our family just LOVES the 2 of you and Libby will miss seeing you on Tuesday (since we'll be in Austin). But she'll be back on Thursday!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Glad to hear the 1st visit went well (knew it would!). Have fun in Austin!

Rebecca Caldwell said...

Wow! You almost have that homestudy taken care of! Maybe it will come back faser than 4 weeks :)

Jake and Taryn said...

I am glad to hear that all is going well! Blessings on your traveling!

Amy B. said...

Hi Foote Family,

I just found your site off the Steiger's blog page. I kind of have a crazy connection to you guys though...
Up until June of this past year, we lived in San Antonio. I met Christie Martine at Wetmore Elementary School because my son was going there too. I met her just a couple of weeks after you guys brought home your little girls.

Also, my husband and I both went to East Texas Baptist University.

We just brought home our baby boy from Ethiopia just 2 weeks ago. We used Gladney. Our time in Ethiopia was amazing.

I hope your journey to your little girl in Ethiopia is a smooth and joyful one.

Amy
www.ourjourneytoethiopia.blogspot.com