Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Friday, February 15, 2008

Aria's Room!!!

This week has been a little slower - and that's a good thing because I am super tired from the hustle and bustle. As far as paperwork goes - I faxed some dossier docs to Duni (our family coordinator for AWAA) and there's only one on which I had to make a correction. I've corrected it and now we have to have it notarized again. Aside from that I'm still waiting for our marriage license to show up in the mail. I emailed my request for a notarized letter from our life insurance company for proof of life ins. and that should arrive soon. I found out Billy's birth certificate does NOT need county certification -so I'm sending it off for state certification tomorrow. As soon as my marriage cert arrives I can send it and my birth cert to SC for state certification. Other than the above items I'm waiting on homestudy visits to take place. I received a call from Sarah (our social worker) today and we've set the first homestudy visit for Feb. 28!!!! It's all downhill from there - well, as far as paper work is concerned. The wait usually ends up being the hardest part.

I'm trying to figure out how the wait works. With China, referrals came out each month and you knew where you stood in line. With Ethiopia it seems each agency has a different way of doing things and I haven't figured ours out yet. When we finally send our dossier to Ethiopia (oh, please let that be rather soon!) we'll have a better idea of how the process works.

Until then - enjoy the pics of Aria's room. Our friend, Larry, painted the room earlier this week and the room came together beautifully! I LOVE IT!!!! Still want to find some special artwork or pics for the walls and still have to move the changing table into the room, but for now - it's done!






Peace out!



Cindy

4 comments:

Amy Woods said...

I love it! Its really beautiful! Seems like your paperchase is going pretty quickly which is never a bad thing! We are still waiting for our TA which hopefully will arrive next week and then we're off!! Exciting times, huh?

Janee said...

Cindy, Aria's room is beautiful, just like her family. I know that she is one incredibly loved little girl already! Praying that the paperwork process continues to go smoothly and QUICKLY!

Blessings,
Trent, Janee and Parker Ann Allen

Danielle said...

Wow! Aria's room is SO beautiful! I found you through AW's YG and wanted to learn more about your journey! I'm so glad I did. I loved what you said on your profile....

Blessings,
Danielle (AWAA)

Rob and Candy said...

Cindy, the room is breath-taking... I am amazed at how quickly you are getting your paperwork done.
Candy (awaa)