Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Thursday, February 21, 2008

SC State Certified!

Received a UPS! package today. Our SC documents are State certified!! While I don't have all my TX documents gathered yet, I think I'm going to send the ones I do have on out for TX State certification. It will actually cost 2 extra overnight shipments (1 there, 1 back for now and then the same later for other docs), but I will have the assurance of knowing that the docs I have prepared so far are all accepted and certified by the State. Any of you adopting families think that's a good idea? Or should I just wait until I have all the docs??? Let me know by tomorrow!!! (no pressure!)


cindy

6 comments:

Jake and Taryn said...

I am sorry to say that I have no advice. But, you have a very adorable family and I will certainly be checking in your journey!

Taryn

Janet Whipple said...

I got my documents certified in two different trips because like you, I wanted to catch any mistakes if there were any. I'd go for it!

David Guion said...

Hi Cindy...

WOW! Sounds like thing are moving along at an amazing pace! We're thrilled to hear that UPS is getting everything back to you in (apparently) record time!

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date on the adoption progress. Woo-who!

David, Kimber and Carly Guion
one24worship.com

BTW - Aria's room looks great!

Rob and Candy said...

send them now! You'll want to know asap if you have to re-do any.
I think it's totally worth the few extra dollars.
candy

Cristie said...

When we did China, I actually drove my docs to Austin for State Certification. Walked them in, stood there while they certified them and walked out (literally ... 10 minutes). My dad and I went together .., left in the morning, got them certified, had a "date lunch" and came home. I think we were home by 1:00. Just an idea. Saved me postage and gave me great feeling of "controlling something" HAHA. Oh .... I waited until I had everything including my home study. Did it in one fail shot and when I came home ... I sent them off for authentication by mail. All in one day.
Love you and can't wait to bring Aria home!

Jenn said...

Hey Cindy...

We sent in a "group" of documents together before we had ALL of them. It was a quick turn around too. Think we mailed them on a Wed. and had them back by that Saturday! Karl did take the last batch of documents (one was that coveted I-171H certified copy) directly to Austin himself--and like Cristie was a quick 10-15 min. line. Maybe for just peace of mind you could mail off what you have now?? :o) Hope that this helps!