Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Marriage License Finally Arrived!

I checked the status of our marriage certificate order today on-line and it said that our marriage license was pending to arrive in the SC department that would fulfill the order. I was so confused when I read this because I ordered the cert. on Feb. 4. I was also concerned bc with our last adoption the thing that held us back was that our marriage certificate got lost in the mail. I decided to wait until Monday to check further into the status situation since we had to pack and head out for an event this afternoon, and I asked the Lord to work the situation out and deliver the license soon. Once the car was packed we headed out and Billy decided to stop and check the mail. And there it was - our Marriage License! Thank you Lord! What a wonderful answer to prayer!

I think the only documents left to obtain are: 1. Home study report 2. Proof of Life Insurance Letter 3. One reference letter 4. A doc/agreement that my social worker has to sign 5. Our 171 6. Our passport photos. (of course, all docs have to go through certifications/authentications too).

During our drive tonight I started wondering how long our wait for Aria will be. With the China program we had a timeline and even though the time line changed we at least knew where we were in line for our baby girl and we also knew the referrals would arrive each month around the same time. So far, I don't see that it works that way for Ethiopia. I can't seem to figure out if referrals come every month and if so what general time of the month. I don't know what the normal number of referrals is when referrals do come. And then there's the factor that we're asking for a girl and that puts us in a slower line. Anyway - I know that the Lord's timing is perfect and I trust in that. But my heart hopes, yearns for this to go quicker than our China adoption did. Family and friends - will you pray with me for a quick and smooth process to Ethiopia?

In another post on a later date I will list some of the specific things I am praying over Aria that you may want to join me in prayer for - but tonight, the timeline is what is on my heart.

Thank you!
Cindy

4 comments:

Katie said...

I always love knowing specific ways to be praying for you and your family. I'm praying!

Eli Chapman said...

Cindy-
It is so neat to read your heart thoughts and what God is doing in your lives. Libby is so beautiful. Maybe someday soon I will finally have a blog up so you can check out pictures of my motley crew of boys:) and listen in on some of the busy fun of my life. I am glad to be able to keep up with you this way though. If you do want to email me though my address is erikaivory@hotmail.com.
Erika chapman

Jake and Taryn said...

I will certainly be praying for your family and sweet Aria! I looked at your last post and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Aria's room and the sweet doll on the bed! Too cute! You have such a beautiful family!

Rebecca Caldwell said...

We are def. praying for you guys. You are right- there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the referrals, which is very hard for me, as I am like OCD with needing to have structure :) But, I know that God is going to teach us sooo much through this process (he already has!)