Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

2 Big Steps

Today I received my TX State certifications back. I'm glad I sent them early, because one of the docs was returned without a seal due to a problem with the notary seal. It was Billy's employment verification letter so I contacted our CPA and he's re-writing/re-notarizing the letter for me. Whew! At least we caught that early on and not in a last minute situation.

Tomorrow...... WE HAVE OUR FIRST HOMESTUDY VISIT!!!! Woohoo!!!! This first visit will count as 2 because she is doing our individual interviews. One prayer request - Billy is currently out of town and is supposed to fly into San Antonio at 12pm tomorrow. Our homestudy begins at 2pm. I'm going to do my interview first so that gives Billy a little extra time to get settled in - but I'm just praying that his flight won't have any delays!!!

Once this homestudy visit is done we'll know when our next 2 visits will be, then the social worker will have to write up the homestudy report. And then we send the report to USCIS so they can finish processing our info. The next step will be fingerprinting and waiting on the 171 to come in the mail. At that point we have the last few docs State certified then we make copies of everything and send it on to AWAA. They will have them authenticated by the USSD and then the paperwork will go on to the Ethiopian Embassy. Once it's been to all these places it will be approved by our agency and mailed to Ethiopia.

There's really no telling how long this last part of paperwork will take. It's really not dependent so much on me any more. It will depend on how fast other people do their work to complete it. That's no fun! Boo!!! But that's the way it goes. I have to give up control now ....sob...sigh...

4 comments:

Rob and Candy said...

I am sooo glad that you sent your documents in early.
Yah, the homestudy is about to start! You are getting so much closer to the end of the paperwork stage.
I love your prayers for your daughter.
candy

Jenn said...

You are so right about having to give up control on this last part. So frustrating. In the end the Lord is in control of all of it though....sooooo...trust in His perfect timing.

Praying that Billy gets back with some time to breathe! :o)

Emily said...

Girl, I am right there with you..We're just waiting for the fingerprint appointment and 171 approval...here in GA you can;t even send in your I600A in until your HS is complete. So we had to do things backwards of sorts...anyway,read today about a family that got thier 171 back in SEVEN days!! Here's to praying for OTHER people to be as quick as us!!

(BTW i'm one of Alli's friends from seminary...we lived next door to them and met you guys then...you and Billy also led a youth retreat for my husband Jay in MS when he was a Youth Minister there....just FYI!)

Katie said...

Praising the Lord for the big steps (and even the little ones too)!! Praying for you guys. I'd love to hear how the home study goes.