Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

On hold until the last minute!!!

I was out on a "final date night before the baby comes" with my hubby tonight when I realized I never let my blog readers know what was going on. 


This morning America World called to say that the paperwork on Ethiopia's end was not complete just yet. They went on to say that if we're open to waiting until the last minute, they are hoping the paperwork will be completed by Wednesday morning and they can let me know first thing that morning. My head started rattling around with questions and I was rendered virtually speechless. I was expecting either a  "yes - go!" or a "no, sorry, but we'll get you in the next travel group." I was NOT expecting... "can we tell you Wednesday morning if you can leave Wednesday afternoon?" OH MY! I was frozen after the call - not sure how to feel. My main concern was taking all this time to pack and be absolutely, totally ready to go knowing that Libby would completely understand what we're packing for only to find out that we can't go just yet and then have to explain that to her. She is very perceptive and she gets so excited when we're packing the final items for any regular trip, so I know she will be super excited Wednesday morning. I sure hope they call with good news by early that morning so we can get ready that morning with assurance that we are starting the long trip.

Right after AW called, my friend Cristie called. Then I called a few family members to let them know. Then our real estate agent called needing to know if we are going because if so we have to get a power of attorney to sign during our house closing. She had set up an appointment for 12pm (at this point it was 10:30AM) and we decided we might as well set it all up and be prepared to be in ET during the closing. I had to quickly get dressed and ready so we could be there on time. 

Then my friend, Shelley, drove down from Austin to give me something to deliver to a person in ET and I got to meet her precious ET baby boy. He is ADORABLE!!! Libby was in the sassiest, rude mood as she had just woken up from her nap. So embarassing! Sorry Shelley!

And by the time she left our babysitter had arrived so Billy and I could go enjoy each other and forget about packing for a little while. We saw the movie "The Soloist". It made me cry. It reminded me of how we feel sometimes when working with the refugees in our city. We want so badly for them to do well, but their needs can be overwhelming and at the end of the day we have to be okay with just being their friends and trust that God has a plan of hope for them too.

And now we're back at home doing everything we can to mark off that "to do" list in hopes that we really are leaving on Wednesday. Oh - and one wonderful thing is that the camp we are supposed to lead worship for in June is giving us 48 more hours to find out whether we can head to ET this week or not. If we do head out, then we will be back in time to do the camp. If we don't head out this week, we will be in the next travel group which is right during that camp. Student Life is being SO KING to give us the extra time to figure this out. It is only 19 days before their camp begins and I know they need to get details nailed down. Thank you STUDENT LIFE!! Hopefully we will all be rejoicing on Wednesday that we can go and that we will make it to that camp!

There is a chance we could hear news tomorrow. That is what I am praying for tonight as Ethiopia has entered it's Tuesday work day. Come on ET! You can do it!!! Otherwise, we will hear something around 8 or 9AM Wednesday and we have to leave for the airport no later than 11AM! Seriously - this is as last minute as it gets! 

Hopeful,
Cindy

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow - that is last minute!! Praying for a favorable outcome!

Holly said...

Praying you'll know today and the it will be a YES!

The Crazy Roots said...

Those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. . . You must be in for some major doses of strength if you have to wait that long. . . Last minute is how God and I have our greatest adventures. We're praying!