Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Friday, May 22, 2009

CONCRETE Travel Dates!!!!

I was brought to joyful tears by an email that said we have "CONCRETE TRAVEL DATES". This means our daughter has a birth certificate and we have an embassy appointment set! This means that the ticket change fee we had to make and then the new tickets we had to pay extra for are all worth it and I won't have to pay change fees again! This means I can set my heart on that beautiful June 3rd date that we are set to fly out! We are in travel group ETG 23 which is the AWAA Ethiopia travel group for June 6-13. But we are flying out a couple of days early to spend 2 nights in Dubai. The flights out of here were a bit more tricky as the month of June also means many more travelers in the world. So now we fly out of San Antonio to Dallas and then to New York with a 5 or 6 hour layover before we head over to Dubai (really late at night), landing in Dubai at the end of the day on June 4. We really only have one full day in Dubai, but on that day we are going on a desert safari where there will be camels, a sunset, dinner under traditional tents and belly dancers! Libby's going to LOVE that!


We will arrive in Ethiopia on Saturday June 6.  The Sweeney family was also hoping to leave this week and is now pushed back into this travel group. One of their daughters woke up sick with a high fever yesterday so they are happy things worked out the way they did. Also - with their first set of plane tickets there were too many connections and layovers to bring their 4 year old girl. But now they are bringing her and Libby will have a friend on the trip. I am SO EXCITED about that! They also have some older kids coming who Stacy says are great "kid distracters" so I am thrilled about that as well! Can't wait to meet you Sweeney family and all the other families in our group.

We are making the best of our extra time. Yesterday we worked out at the gym and then sunbathed and played at our neighborhood pool. Today we pulled weeds in our back yard for FOUR HOURS! I am exhausted from that, but my backyard no longer looks like a jungle and when I come home from ET I won't have that on my list of things to do. Next we are going to tackle the garage which is full of JUNK that was left in our old house garage. Billy wanted to take it all to a dump but didn't know where one was.... so my garage is the temporary dump... UGH!

Truly, in just 2 days time, I can see why it was necessary for us to stay home for 2 more weeks. Libby has blossomed in the last 2 days. Things we have been working on regarding manners and being a big girl and not throwing tantrums have finally just clicked. I think she just needed all the craziness to stop and to feel peace from us in order to rest and grow. I think she will mature over the next two weeks in astounding ways and be much more prepared for the big trip AND for becoming a big sister. Seriously, she is not even the same girl today that she was 48 hours ago. Ahhhhh.... 

In under 2 weeks we are OUT OF HERE!

Cindy

12 comments:

Jaime said...

so excited for you to have CONFIRMED!!! are y'all going to try to post from addis?

Karen said...

So happy for you and your family, Cindy. We will be closely following your journey to ET and praying you all home! with love, Karen Wistrom

The Reeds said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad for you! i still remember when you went to China and met Libby. How sweet and precious!

Jess said...

I will be praying for you! Can't wait to here how Libby does with the new sibling! I think my be son is the same age and will hopefully be getting a little brother from ET very soon!

Kari said...

So HAPPY for your family:))) I can't wait to follow your travels to Ethiopia & back home!!!
xoxo

Debi said...

Hi Cindy and family,
So excited to know that they got the birth certificate and have travel dates.
I was sad about the delay but I am glad that everything is finally coming together. God's timing is always perfect.
Praying and beliving God with you in this exciting growing season.
Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi

Marti Pieper said...

I can't stop reading about your journey.

I can't stop smiling about His grace.

And I can't stop praying for Billy, Cindy, Libby, and the newest addition to their precious family. Jesus, be with sweet Aria-Lu today. We know that her times are in Your hand. You are using this waiting time to make her whole and healthy and even stronger when her family comes to receive her. Thank You for the picture of grace you are painting us through her tiny life. And thank You for the good and wonderful and perfect plans You have for the Foote family.

HUGS HUGS HUGS and love from Florida!

Cindy Foote said...

Thank you Marti! We love you!

Jennifer said...

Great news Cindy. We have been following your journey to parenthool since before you adopted Libby. How great God is. We continue to pray with you and for you. Tell Billy hello. Many, many, blessings!

John and Jennifer Woods

The Guajardo's said...

Cindy, we are praying for you all so much! We are in a three month waiting period and it's hard to wait but know HIS time and will are perfect either way! Can't wait to see the precious one when she comes home!
Love, the Guajardo's

kristin said...

YIPPPPEEEEEE!!! What wonderful news!!!

Kristy said...

Hi Cindy , my name is Kristy and I am from La Vernia, and am friends with Gretchyn and Steven. We have been logged in China for 38 months, and 4 days waiting to bring home our Franceska. And that does not count the six months it took to do the paperwork.

I have been a devoted fan of yours for quite some time now, I love your voice, your lyrics and your God given talent of singing like a beautiful songbird.

Steven told me at church on sunday about Libby's "Milk" story and I have to tell you that it gave me goosebumps the size of the Great wall in China. What a beautiful story.

I just wanted to stop by and see if you had TA yet. I will be watching your journey to pick up your beautiful new daughter. May God bless your travels and your family. Maybe one day we can meet for lunch and you can give me some pointers on traveling in China.

Love and blessings, Kristy