Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

1 week!

We leave one week from today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


One quick story... Libby woke up yesterday and the first thing she said was, "Mom, I'm ready to go to Ethiopia and get Lulu." 

Me - "I know, baby. But the good news is we leave in 8 days!"
Libby - "When we go to Ethiopia I want a blue plane ticket."
Me - "I don't think the tickets are blue."
Libby - "Ask Jesus what color the plane tickets are."
Me - "Okay. Jesus, what color are the plane tickets?"
A few seconds of silence.
Libby - "He said they are white."

And, indeed they are! Does she have a direct line or what? And later in the day I received an email from our travel agency saying they put our tickets in fed ex today so we will receive them today. Libby has been dead on in her timing during this journey. Amazing!

One more thing to note - and you're all going to think I'm CRAZY and be further confused about what to call our daughter.... But I'm STILL not settled on what to actually call her. We know for sure her name is going to legally be "Aria Lu Grace Foote".  I know Billy and Libby want to call her Lulu. But as time goes by I really don't like calling her Lulu. So, I've been planning on introducing her to others as  - "this is Aria Lu" and then call her "Lu" - which is okay, I guess. I love the name Aria for it's meaning, but whenever I tell people that part of her name they have a "What?" look on their faces. It is hard for them to understand AND to say.... which leaves me feeling like I really don't want to have to repeat her name to people every time I say it. So this morning I've been thinking about the "Grace" part of her name. When Duni shared our daughter's story on Tom Davis's blog, she used the name Gracie to protect her identity from the public (we had not passed court yet). Grace is from her Ethiopian name "Tseganesh" which means "you are grace." It is a really profound name to me because of her difficult beginnings. She is a picture of God's grace. I've strayed away from using that as her primary name because so many adopted children seem to have that name. But then I was thinking this morning, what about "Gracie Lu". I like that. And it just seems right to me - and then Billy and Libby can still call her Lulu (and you too if you're tired of me changing her name all the time!). I have never been so indecisive in my life! I love to make a choice and stick with it, but this one has been hard for me! We'll see.... I'll let you know our final decision soon. This is one downfall of blogging... you have to endure my thought process! LOL!

6 comments:

Emy said...

I love love love Gracie Lu. So sweet! Aria is just beautiful too, so I can see how you are struggling. I bet it will "click" when you are holding your sweet baby! ONE WEEK! WOO HOO!

Jenn said...

I love all the names you have chosen for your darling little girl!!! You are not crazy...just in love and want everything to be perfect!! Just like any other mama is!!

Hugs!
Jenn

Cristie said...

What we do know ... is that the Lord himself knows her name. "He knows my name, he knows my every need, he sees each tear we cry and hears me when I call ..." Whatever it is your heart settles on, we will love. I call her a MIRACLE and she is definitely a picture of God's Mercy and Grace! My prayer is that one day that beautiful name will be written in the lambs book of life ... Aria Lu Grace ... He knows every detail of your life and has every day numbered - your Mommy's inability to "Settle" into one name is no surprise and he will set a peace in her spirit when she closes in on the one he has chosen for you!! Let's just call her HOLY -- "set apart" and "Chosen"!! *grin*!!

Alli said...

Great name! Gracie Lu is cute as pie. Don't sweat the multiple names. Ava Love is called: Ava, Ava Love, Lovey, Kitty Cat, Bink Bink, Lovins, and on and on........I bet you'll end up calling Gracie Lu all kinds of sweet names too because of your overflowing love for her!

Kari said...

I remember the name dilemma so well with Zoie's name. Roger calls her ZoZo, H calls her ZiZi and M calls her LoLo...I call her Zoie Senait Elise Gibson when she's being naughty:))) She was named Helen at the orphanage due to her paperwork making it there first. Her birth mother gave her the stunning name Senait.
Wait and hold baby girl and snuggle her...the name will come & feel right:))) BTW...I love the name Gracie & Aria!!!

Lisa King said...

I feel your pain!! We kept changing our minds on what to call our son. Back at Christmas all his presents were addressed to Nathan. Then right before he was born, we were going with Lucas. We didn't finally decide until the day after he was born - Nathan DuPree! You will know exactly what to call her after you get to hold that precious little one. I love all the names!!!