Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

There Is No You Without Me - Sad News From Ethiopia


Leslie Bullington shared our on YG today the following sad news:

"I just read on Melissa Fay Greene's blog that Haregewoin Teferra, the woman
whose story is told in There is No Me Without You has died.

Here is the link. 
http://www.thereisnomewithoutyou.com/blog?op=view&id=64

This story and this woman were used by God tremendously in so many livesincluding ours and I know many of yours as well."

Indeed Haregewoin's story did make a big impact and thanks to Melissa Fay Greene's incredible writing in "There Is No Me Without You" Haregewoin's story will continue to move many hearts for orphans in Ethiopia and all of Africa. Her story continues to inspire, haunt and move me to this day. I finished the book about this time last year. I cried, rejoiced, contemplated, and hung on every word. 

If you have not read this book - even if you are not considering adoption - you need to do so. It is powerful!

Rest in Peace Haregewoin Teferra. I pray you are face to face with Jesus right now fully adopted and complete. Oh how great your reward must be!

1 comments:

P said...

Cindy---So nice to meet you tonight! I will keep you all in my prayers as you wait just a little bit longer! Can't wait to read the book you recommended...sounds amazing. Take care!
In Him,
Alissa Potocnik