Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Libby's Passport Is Here!

Almost 2 months ago we started the application process to get a passport for Libby. Actually - it started even further back when we finished Libby's re-adoption process so she could obtain a US Birth Certificate. Then the passport application, photo, etc. Then a month later we received a letter saying we needed to give the passport agency one more document (which I had prepared to give them the first time around, but the guy said we didn't need it... I should have known better). So, I had to mail that document and trust that we would eventually get it worked out.


Yesterday my friend, Katie, asked if we ever got the passport and the answer was no. But that got me thinking about it and when I was writing my list of people/offices I needed to contact today, the passport agency made the list. I called the number today and it said that if we were not traveling in the next 14 days to go to the website to check our status. So I went to the website and it said, "the application status check is not currently available" and to try again on another day. I took a deep breath and really felt God telling me not to worry about. So I figured I wouldn't worry about contacting them until next week or so.

Well, this afternoon I checked the mail and there it was. YAY!! One step closer!

Of course, Libby's passport doesn't affect when we get a referral - just needed it before we travel and for my own personal relief!

We're still number 2 in line (that we know of). And though our referral could come any day - I wanted to explain that families in line after me could always get a referral first. There is a lot that goes in to our agency choosing children for families and then there are medical tests that have to be completed before they can call us with a referral. That means that someone else's baby could be ready before ours. I figured some of you were not aware of that so I just wanted to give you a better idea of how things work. 

It's all in God's timing. We will know Lulu AT JUST THE RIGHT TIME. (which, of course, I am praying is tomorrow - and if not tomorrow, the next day and if not the next day then surely the next.... and every morning I wait with expectancy!)

Blessings,
Cindy

PS - She looks so "whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis?" But she really is a happy girl with a pretty smile!

0 comments: