Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Dossier is at AWAA!



(Above: pictures of our dossier!....
BTW - Kristin Rogers (http://rogersadoptionstory.blogspot.com/), I sure wish I could take pics like you do. Our family photo pages can't hold a candle to yours! You're amazing! If I knew the date of our toddler's future wedding I'd already be booking you!)

So - after receiving our 171 on Tuesday, we decided to drive to Austin Wednesday to get our remaining dossier bundle state certified. When we arrived in Austin it took all of 15 minutes to get the bundle certified. Billy said, "Is that it? We drove all the way to Austin for a gold stamp?"
HAHA! It's so much more than that, baby! It is the end of 6 months of paperwork! Glory Hallelujah!!

We drove back to San Antonio and I reviewed the completed dossier and it's 2 sets of copies over and over again. When I went in to UPS to mail it I was so nervous! I just knew I was forgetting something or who knows what... It's hard to explain. Anyway - I'm standing there talking with the UPS lady about how important all this paperwork is and she's typing away getting all the info into the computer. Next thing I know, she calls out to someone else working there and says, "what kind of package do you call this?" He answered and she said, "it's not here on the screen". "Yes, it is" the other worker says as he comes over to point it out. "Oh, there it is" she says and she continues saying "I'VE NEVER SHIPPED THIS KIND OF PACKAGE BEFORE." WHAT????? - This is not what you want to hear when you're shipping 6 months of labor off to another State. She goes on to check off some boxes on the paper and asks me the questions that apply: 1. is anything breakable? no - and 2. is this item replaceable? She started to mark yes and I said "NO!" check "NO"! No UPS person out there needs to think this is replaceable. Let them feel the weight of this important delivery. You lose it, buster, you will be in BIG TROUBLE!

Well, in all honestly I didn't go into all that with her, but I did have her check "no". Okay - so it is replaceable, I guess...but I think I'd lose my mind trying to do that all over again and I'd certainly be out some major cash.... so I'm sticking with "no".

I haven't heard from AWAA that the dossier is in hand, but the tracking number says "delivered". I should hear something tomorrow. Oh - and if all the paperwork looks good and gets authenticated without any issues, our paperwork will be DTE (on it's way to Ethiopia) on Friday, June 13!

To give you an idea of how much longer USCIS took this time around - when we adopted from China we started our paperwork at the same time - first of January. With the China adoption we had to have all our paperwork authenticated with the US State Department and Chinese Embassy on our own and still I had our dossier in to AWAA and being shipped to China by June 10. This time around I don't have to do the authentication (AWAA will do that) and my paperwork is just now arriving in AWAA's hands. However - I guess none of that matters, becaues I will be "in line" for our baby girl exactly where God wants me in line. That works for me. I trust Him! He gave us beautiful Libby last time around. I can't wait to discover who Aria is and how precious a gift God designed for our family!

Thanks for keepin' up!
Cindy

12 comments:

Emily said...

We sent our dossier to AWAA today too!!!! And it will go to China the exact same day as yours goes to Eth.!!! Yeah!!!!!!

David Guion said...

Yes Billy,

You really did drive all the way to Austin for a Gold Stamp - and wasn't it was worth every "almost-four-dollars-a-gallon" mile?!

Seriously, we're so glad to hear this wonderful news and we can't wait to meet Libby's little sister, Aria!

David, Kimberly and Carly Guion

one24worship.com

Alli said...

Thanks for showing pics of your dossier. I've never seen one before. So happy for you, friend! I love hearing your updates! I'm praying!

Susan said...

Congratulations! I hope that your wait is short so that you get your little one home soon!

~Susan (AWAA Family)

kim said...

Cindy and Billy

This is awesome!!!!! So glad you are finally on the waiting side of this journey!!!!

Kim (YG)
www.ablissfulheart.blogspot.com

Holly said...

Oh, I love the journey. The endpoint is going to be even better. But this waiting and hoping and praying time? It's just such a time to journey close with God.

Guess what?? My friend Kate invited me to New Life church last night to hear Lisa Bevere speak about her new book "Nurture." Kari Jobe came to lead worship and the first song? "Sing to the King." It was awesome to hear over one thousand women singing this song of praise together!!

And the part under the words read like this...Sing to the King Author Billy Foote. So now you may call Billy, King Author! Hee hee!

kristin said...

I think yours look great!! Thanks for the compliments and CONGRATS! Maybe we will travel together??? I am DTE 4-28-08.

Jenn said...

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!!!

eastandwest said...

Yay, Cindy! I am so excited for you.

I was so nervous letting my dossier go. It must have been obvious because the lady at PostNet said, "Would you like for me to pray over this before I send it?" And she did! And I have been a very loyal PostNet patron ever since.

We can't wait to meet sweet Aria here in Charleston.

Kara said...

Hey Cindy & Billy--

Guess what! You guys were in Austin 2 days after us! They were was quick for us too...sort of shocking! Looks like we will be DTE on the same day! How exciting! We live in Houston and I think it is so cool that we will be bringing home some ET babies into the great state of Texas!

Let's keep in touch!
Tulio & Kara Portilla
www.bringinghomeava.com

Anonymous said...

Cindy;

I just found your blog last week, joined the praying for your I-171H form and celebrated its arrival :) My husband and I just sent our dossier to AWAA as well. We are seeking to adopt a young sibling group from Ethiopia. Like you, this is our second time working toward international adoption. Our son, Ethan, was adopted from Ukraine in 2006. Our dossier collection took less than 4 months total that time! This time, however, we also had some frustrating delays. We started in late November. We are very thankful to finally have that precious bundle in AWAA's hands. You can read more of my story at www.expanding-heart.blogspot.com.

Thanks for sharing your story!
Kristy Tapper

Marti Pieper said...

Up too late and checking back in after a couple weeks away from home. . . what a journey the Lord has you on, and how hard the enemy is attacking!

Our family was talking about you the other day and our 13-year-old told us that she hopes to adopt a little girl from China someday. I'm sure God has used your journey with Libby (and many prayers and pictures along the way) to touch her heart!

I know He has great plans for ALL of the Footes, present and future!
We love you and continue to pray.