Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Friday, June 13, 2008

Bop Bop.... Chikachikahhhhhhh...Do Bop Bop.....Chikachikah!

The title comes from the sounds in a song from "Ferris Bueler's Day Off" (okay, so I'm spelling that wrong).... anyway - the song always make me smile and there is definitely reason to smile today................... drum roll...............................



WE ARE DTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, ladies and gentlemen - our paperwork has been authenticated and it is on the FedEx bus, train, plane, boat... whatever - it's headed ETHIOPIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duni Zenaye (director of AWAA's Ethiopia program) sent an email this afternoon stating,

"Your authenticated dossier has been mailed to Ethiopia today!....As you track your dossier, please keep a couple of things in mind. First of all, do not be worried if the package makes stops in European or other countries for long periods of time. This is normal, and I've seen this happen often..."

Hoping our dossier doesn't stop for too long during it's travels.

Billy and I are headed out for a date night of celebration. 6 months of paperwork are headed over the ocean to determine who our little Aria is! I think that justifies some fattening cheesecake!

At this time - the wait for an infant girl (from DTE to referral) is 7-9 months. It is possible that this wait will increase because so many people turned in their dossiers in the months of February, March and April... but hopefully it will not lengthen. Once we have a referral (the pic of our baby girl and her health info) we will travel 8-12 weeks later to received her in ET!

Time of possible referral (subject to change): Jan - March.
Time of possible travel (also subject to change): March - May

We could be less than a year away from embracing our sweet little girl!

I'll keep you posted on our dossier's international travels!
Cindy




13 comments:

Jenn said...

Celebrating with cheesecake! Yum!! :o)

Enjoy!

kim said...

YAAAAY Cindy!!! So happy for you - welcome to the wait!!!!!! Have a great date night - it's fun to celebrate along the way!!!!

Kim (YG)
www.ablissfulheart.blogspot.com

Holly said...

OH Praise God!! I have been praying for this.

Enjoy some cheesecake for me :)

Love,
holly

PS: I have a question...what is the age of Aria? Is there a range of ages that she could be?

Rob and Candy said...

wooohooo! I'm so excited for you!
candy

David Guion said...

Yeah!

Congratulations! Enjoy your night of celebration!

"Let them eat cheesecake!"

Chikachikahhhhhhh!


(The spelling looks plenty good to me)

David, Kimberly and Carly Guion

one24worship.com

Alli said...

I want you to know that:

1. I was like, "What?" when I was trying to read your title.

2. But then after reading your explaination, it all became clear to me and you know I repeated it in my head and smiled. haaaaaa! I like that you remembered that there is a "do" in the second part. Love that little crazy song.

3. Soooo happy for you! I prayed for the safety of the package and that it will get to where it needs to go soon! What a blessing to be in on Aria's adoption story. I can't wait for you to get her.

Love you!
Alli-Lou

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

CONGRATS! I've been following your journey...and what an inspiration! Thanks for your honesty and sharing your real frustrations through this. My husband and I are wanting to adopt...and your blog has been so informational.

With gratitude,
Candice

Cristie said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I am so excited to see those words typed. I thought about you and the paperwork journey yesterday as I knew that Friday was to be the BIG day! Officially in line and soon on the horizon in Ethiopia for beautiful Aria Hope Foote! I can't wait to see her beautiful face.
I can't wait to travel to ET and go through those green doors with you to see the two of you united for the first time. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah chilly bumps!
LOVE YOU
Hope your date night as WONDERFUL!

julie w said...

We are so excited for you all!
Did you get our text message from Joe's phone last night?! We were at a wedding rehearsal and shared your good news with everyone!
Our church feels like they know you all after hearing about you so much from our China trip! :)
We can't wait to see beautiful Aria in your arms soon!
Happy DTE!!!
Love you all,
Julie (Joe & girls too!)

Anonymous said...

Woo-Hoo!!! Yeah! So glad for you! :)

Travis and Lindsey's Ethiopia Adoption said...

Congratulations on being DTE. We look forward to sharing this journey with you.
Lindsey

Marti Pieper said...

Ferris is one of my husband's favorite movies!

So I continue to join you in prayer and chickichahhhhh...

CONGRATULATIONS! His grace as you wait--

Marti

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys!

So glad to have other Texans on this journey with us!

Hope to talk to you soon!

Blessings!
The Portillas
www.bringinghomeava.com