Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Little News About Our Daughter!

The sweet VanDruff family is in Ethiopia right now getting their 2 beautiful children! Pray for their son who is sick right now - and pray for all of them to get some much needed rest!

This family is the one who, at the last minute, was able to get a special formula packed into extra bags to take to Ethiopia for our daughter. Today - THEY MET HER!!! (we'll call her *T* since we can't share her Ethiopian name yet)

Here's what Renee shared, "OH MY GOODNESS... she is so beautiful, and Cindy... she is tiny, but she LOOKS healthy to me! When I was looking in on all the babies I came to her and her eyes twinkled and she SMILED AT ME!!! It was the most precious thing. She seemed so peaceful and happy to me. Her cribmate was a SEVERELY malnourished little boy.........Pray for him, I don't know that he will make it. ....I'm so happy to hear that little *T* is your girl!!! I am telling you, and I am not just saying this, she sparkled! She was indeed very tiny..... Her smile melted my heart!! I wish I could strap her to my chest and bring her home to you. I can't wait for you to come get her."

PLEASE PRAY with me for the little boy sharing our daughter's crib. May God restore him fully and breathe His life into him!!

Also- - just wanted to share a cool story. I was reading a book yesterday about Ethiopia. One of the pictures had a girl whose features look similar to our daughter's. I looked at the caption underneath the photo and sure enough -it was our daughter's people group. I went on to read and it shared that her people are a Semitic and Cushite mix....I realized then that our daughter is a descendant of some of the great Biblical names - Moses and his Cushite wife!!!
Many of our daughter's people speak a Semitic language... and then I remembered that our daughter's name - the name we are giving her -ARIA - is a Hebrew name! How cool is that! Our little "Lioness of God" has the perfect name!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Such wonderful news Cindy!! I know that this gives you some peace!

Praying for "T" and the little boy with her.

Blessings,
Jenn

julie w said...

Praying for your baby girl! How exciting to hear such sweet comments about your daughter! I will also pray for the baby boy sharing Lulu's crib! That breaks my heart!

StarfishMom said...

Cindy, It BLOWS my mind!!! Aria was conceived and carried by another woman to be in YOUR house! God is so good. I know that Aria will be blessed while she waits for you!. GOd has her in the PALM of HIS hand...like you carry her in your heart! I have been folowing your blog since you got your referral for Libby. You're adoption process is never far from my mind as WE are are praying to adopt domestically here in the US. My husband and I have 4 daughters and we've been foster parents for a neighboring county for the past 4 years. We're hoping for 2 boys to complete our family. Through this journey...God has taught me patience (WAIT is the WORST 4 letter word) and I'm learning more and more to trust HIM. His timing. I am praying for the process to go quick so you can hold your sweet LuLu in your arms. ~Cindy in NY

savingstarfish.blogspot.com

Kari said...

Cindy,
Your post is FULL of wonderful news!! Sooo happy to hear baby T is growing & happy. I'm so thrilled you received new updates from the VanDruffs!! whooohooooo
We are so happy for your family.
What book are you reading?? I'd love the title.