Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Monday, May 26, 2008

A Time to Let Go and A Time to FIGHT!!!

I'm about to start fighting!!! Yes - God is sovereign and that IS my comfort... believe me! But do I have to be okay with the fact that the USCIS office has taken 6 weeks and counting to simply review our prints, sign a paper and put it in the mail??? I get that I will get Aria at just the right time... but I don't think that means I have to be okay with injustice. We are law abiding citizens trying to bring an orphan home. How hard is that to approve? I NEVER imagined it taking this long. It did not take this long when we were waiting for Libby.

I have a friend who works with/for USCIS. He checked on things for me over a week ago (for which I am incredibly grateful!!). He said the paperwork has to be reviewed and approved first by a clerk and then by an adjudication officer. He talked with the clerk and she said she had approved it and it was on the desk of the officer. I was happy to hear that, but now I am just aggravated that an officer is just letting it sit on his/her desk. More than a week later - still nothing....

Okay - so that's my vent for the day!

Cindy

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So frustrating, I know!! Hope it comes soon. We heard it would take 2-3 weeks in Indiana, and we ended up waiting over 7! The wait seemed endless. It WILL come.

Holly said...

Man, that is frustrating! I am praying that they GET BUSY--there is a darlin' girl waiting for you to come and get her.

I think of an old movie about the army, where everything got bogged down in someone's inbox. Then I think of Saving Private Ryan--and how the pieces came together to spare this family more heart ache.

Praying that the pieces come together this week.
holly

Cristie said...

UGH UGH UGH! I so feel your frustration! I am praying THIS is the week! It's o.k. to have those moments of venting rage ... I think it's good for the soul. HA. We do both know that Aria has been planned before time. I am quite certain the Lord has you waiting for some reason, however, I pray that he can forget the lessons on controlling things and patience that he seemed to be trying to teach me during the wait for Maliah, for you this go around and get the show in the road!
Praying for you!
Love you, my friend!
Cristie

Jori said...

Hi, just wanted to check in with you guys and see if "that" paper had arrived yet. So SORRY it has not! Keep praying and I TOTALLY get the VENT!
Blessings, Jori
WFR 02/19 either x2

Jenn said...

I SO know how you feel. We waited 10 weeks from the time we were fingerprinted (NOT from when we had everything IN to the USCIS) until the day we received our I-171. It was a long, hard wait.

Praying for you during this difficult wait!

Blessings and Hugs!
Jenn

Kat said...

This wait is SO frustrating! I've had a lot of crying out to God moments. We submitted ours to Miami on March 9 and had our fingerprints done a week later. We haven't seen or heard anything since then. We'll be praying for you ... I know it isn't easy.

Anonymous said...

Praying right now that this officer would get that paper signed tomorrow morning & your approval would be mailed to you promptly!! Lord, make it so!!

Jenn said...

I tagged you~ :o)

Julie said...

We totally understand. We also waited all last summer to get ours in the mail. Now our frustration turns to China adoptions wait time. Our LID is 10-9-07...we're not sure about ANYTHING. All I know is that our God is sovereign and He reigns.. He will make it happen. Hang in there, girl!

Emily said...

Cindy (and other)
Maybe it has something to do with the new regs that went into place April 1st. The form changed and the way the HS are written was changed by the Hague. In addition to being a future adoptive parent, I am also an adoption consultant for an agecny here in GA. I did a HS for a family in March, who has already been given an LOA from China for a specific child they found on a list. We did the HS in March, but becasue they didn;t apply for the I600 till after April 1st, I had to REWRITE a bunch of it to make it compliant with the new regs....I was wondering how this would effect approvals, as I'm sure the people at USCIS had to be re-trained on what to read in a HS before approval...just a thought. I pray it comes TODAY!! We waited 5 weeks but we were in before teh April 1st deadline.

Amber said...

i have been checking back here every day waiting to read those sweet words that it came!!! praying it comes quickly!

Holly said...

Still praying...that the forms "will come back tomorrow...tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow...you're only a day away." :o)

Praying for just that.
Love,
holly