Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Going on Vacation!

Well, no I-171H showed up this week and we head out tomorrow for vacation, but I am at COMPLETE PEACE about not having the desired paperwork in my hands. Over the weekend the Lord gently put my heart at rest in His presence and promises and again today He reminded me that before time began He already decided the day we would meet Aria. Nothing I or anyone else does will change that. His sovereignty is my comfort!

For the next four days I will be taking a long, deep breath of salty air while I hold hands with my sweet hubby and watch sun sets. I'll be writing some thoughts in a journal to my sweet Aria as the wind breezes by. I'll be running 4 long (for me, at least) humid miles in the Beach to Bay Marathon with 6 way-better-in-shape-friends (this part may or may not be the best part of the weekend - we'll see...). AND - I'll be beholding a beautiful, golden-skin Chinese girl building sand castles as the waves roll in with wonder in my eyes, peace in my soul and unmatched joy in my heart! I am blessed!

Thank you all for your prayers. The Lord heard and answered in His own glorious way!

Cindy

6 comments:

Marti Pieper said...

Wow.

Up late working on the Awe Star devotions for the summer and checked in to see if you had your special form yet.

What I see here is EVEN BETTER.

Surrender. In God's economy, it's the only way to victory!

He rules, and you rock!

Love you, my sister. Have fun on the beach (my husband and I are going to another one in about 10 days, yeah) and love that little Libby-girl for me!

Marti

Cristie said...

O.K. so I am going to argue one point .... I can name you AT LEAST two people that you are in better shape than that will be running ... O.K. so I won't "say" their names but I will say, their not a part of my family. HA
I can't wait to spend the weekend at the beach with you guys. There is no better group of friends to have around and enjoy the beautiful, salty air than you guys! It won't hurt that Maliah is going to be SO pumped when she sees "wibby" when she arrives at the beach!
LOVE YOU .... less than 24 hours!

julie w said...

I am so envious!!! It is 50 degress here today! I am ready for summer! The beach sounds great!!! Not the running-though! ha! Joe would like it!
You all have a GREAT time and just rest and relax and maybe that
171-H will be in your mailbox when you get home! I am praying for you all!
Love ya,
Julie

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Have a wonderful vacation! Just hearing your words and the way they came out was a mini-vacation for me and a reminder to be at peace about many things in my life.

Thank you, Cindy!

Have fun and be still in God's presence (after you run, that is).

Love,
Lisa

Rebecca Caldwell said...

Have a great vacation and enjoy the marathon!

Team Dragovich said...

I love your post Cindy, because I can relate so much to wanting that one paper to come in the mail, and having to release it to the Lord and live in His REST. I pray your vacation is so wonderful and I am totally excited for your run with your friends!! Are you doing a relay? or just helping a friend who is running the entire marathon??? I am a runner-- I run marathons... I get sort of excited when I hear the word "run" :D!!

Have a great trip!
Hugs,
Shari (from YG)