Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Yesterday Referrals Came For Some AWAA Families!

Yesterday several AWAA families received referrals. The Ords, The Ducommuns, The Gibsons and I think maybe one other family - plus another family chose 2 boys off a waiting child list. One of the referrals was for a 6 weeks old baby girl!!!!!!!! So young!! That family, I believe turned in their dossier last September - so the waiting time (from dossier turned in to referral)for those adopting infant girls is at about 7-8 months.

Today I spent the morning copying all our paper work. We have to make 3 full sets of copies of EVERY document we've been obtaining since January. So - now we're just missing the I-171H (and having it and some other papers State certified- which I can do in one day in Austin). So - the question is... how long will it take to get the 171 in the mail. My fingerprints were done last Saturday - a week ago. Hopefully we will only have to wait 1-2 more weeks.

If I get the 171 in a couple of weeks, it looks like I will send my dossier in to AWAA in May. Looking at the current time line - we could get a referral anytime between Dec 2008 - Feb. 2009. Then we'll wait 6-8 weeks for court procedures and travel. So travel could be anywhere between Feb and April of '09.

Just thought some of our family members would like to have a better idea of what's going on and how long this might take. As all international adoptions go - all things are subject to change.

We appreciate your prayers over our journey and future.

Blessings,
Cindy Foote

5 comments:

Jori said...

Hi guys, I have never posted to your blog before but in the YG. So that is where I learned of your great & mighty talents (:P). Just wanted to share with you that we were at a Newsboys concert Saturday night and low and behold: You are My King (Amazing Love) was sung with about 5,000 people!! I was so touched when it was just all those voices praising to our King that I had to share a Thank You with you. What a blessing for you to be able to put to words what so many use to worship. It so made me think of you and pray for you at that moment for this journy that we are all on! God is so GOOD!! Thank you for sharing your talents that God so loving gave to you!
Blessings, Jori
WFR 02/19 either x2

Olivia said...

Hi there! I have followed your journey with your daughter from China for a long time on the baby site. I have never left a comment but whenever I saw the blog, I had too! Congratulations on adopting your new baby girl! I hope to adopt when I get older, China is my dream!!

Julie said...

Hello. Met you in Cleveland, Tenn. this summer. My husband and I were there chaperoning our church's youth group. We are in the process of adopting a baby girl from China, but it's very slow right now as I'm sure you know. Our LID is 10-09-07. We've enjoyed reading your blog. Very excited for you in this journey to Aria. Praying for you guys. We could use prayer as well!

Cristie said...

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting .... oh and Waiting with GREAT ANTICIPATION for the newest and absolutely precious Ethiopian princess!
Waiting, Waiting and WAITING!
LOVE YOU!

Rebecca Caldwell said...

Oh! I hope that I-171 comes super fast...