Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Finger prints - REDONE!

Yesterday I received a call that my (Cindy's) fingerprints did not go through and I would have to have them redone. WHAT?!? I was not so happy about this as I recalled how quickly the guy did my fingerprints on Tuesday and realized he was probably being careless. Anyway - I woke Libby up early this morning to be at the USCIS office when they opened at 8AM. We live about 25 minutes from the office so we were out of the house by 7:25. When I drove up to the office I was totally bummed bc there was already a line 15 people deep. And this time Libby was with me and I knew the wait could be... interesting. BUT! Everything went quickly and we were out of there by 8:2oAM. The guy who did my fingerprints said my last ones were probably not clear enough (because my hands are so smooth they have a hard time getting my prints). He said the second set is just for comparison and the FBI will take the best of each set and compile the prints that way. He said I won't get sent back again for prints - this should be it. I hope so.

So... Now, fingerprints are really done!

4 comments:

Cristie said...

Hey ... look at the bright side, if you ever committed a crime ... it may be tough for them to identify you with all those "smooth" fingers. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Well, I suppose you were 5 days too fast for what the Lord has in store and for Aria's perfect timing. The Lord put a bridle on you this week and said "whoa girl, I'm tightening the reins as I need you to SLOW DOWN".
It's so hard to see it that way when we're in the middle of the adoption wilderness ... but from outside it all ...The Lord is peaking in through the giant redwoods and saying "Hey, just wait until you see what's up ahead .... a beautiful view and my true splendor from the mountain top!". Can't wait to hike it with you, my friend!
You'll be DTE before you know it!
Celebrating another milestone with you.
LOVE YOU!
Cristie

Dana C said...

Cindy-
so happy the blog world connected us! Thanks for all of your comments on my blog.
Sorry to hear about the fingerprint fiasco...it's always something. This adoption has made me realize NOTHING IN THIS WORLD goes the way it is "supposed" to go- it makes me even more thankful for Jesus b/c he NEVER changes!

feel free to email me if you have any questions along your road to ET. Thanks for Praying for Mercy...

dana cordell
dcordell@treasuringchristchurch.com

Alli said...

So happy for you girl! I love "walking" with you as you complete each step. I love that you have this blog so I can take a peek into your life. Love you bunches! Let's talk soon!
Love,
Alli
P.S. It made me giggle too when you said you had smooth fingers. hee hee!

Holly said...

My first thought was, "Oh, another reason Billy loves Cindy--her smooth hands." :)

That's what all the girls want to have (especially in this dry climate)..smooth hands.

Praying for tonight!!
holly