Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

FINGERPRINTS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Saturday we received the letter stating our fingerprint appointments were on April 23. As you read in my last post I remembered that we were able to go at any time when we adopted from China, but I was concerned the rules had changed and we might have to wait until the 23rd. So many of you commented with your experiences and advice and I appreciated ALL of it! Thank you!

I emailed USCIS over the weekend, but had not heard anything back. So this morning Billy and I decided to drive to the office and just ask someone face to face. The worst thing that could happen is they would say "no".

So we arrived there and as I walked up to the door there was a sign that said something to the affect of "due to National Security elevating the threat level we can not allow anyone inside this building who does not have an appointment for today. I walked back the car and told Billy about the sign and said, "but maybe they hung the sign 3 months ago and have forgotten to take it down." Billy said, "why don't you go in and ask. They're not going to shoot you." I am not one to push the "rules" so I really didn't want to enter the building if I wasn't supposed to. But I did anyway. I guess I was worried that some disgruntled government worker would be really mean and tell me to leave. I went up to the desk and a very nice security man looked at our papers, showed them to the the other lady at the desk and said "can they do this today?" And she said, "we're not too far behind so far today so it will be okay for them to have their appointment now." OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I rushed to get Billy thinking they might change their mind if we didn't move fast. And the best part is - we waited a total of 15 minutes and were out of there in no time so Billy and I got to have an unusual lunch date while Libby was in Mom's Day Out!

It's official - all we're waiting on now is the 171-H!!!! Hooray!!! Ecstatic! Thrilled! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!

6 comments:

Katie said...

YAY!!! I am so glad you guys got that done! Praise the Lord. I always love looking on here and seeing an update on the adoption progress.

kim said...

That is awesome Cindy!!!!! Yeah!!! Hoping that crazy I-171 is miraculously quick!!!

Kim
www.ablissfulheart.blogspot.com

Renee' said...

Isn't it great when things go better than expected! Little love gifts from God.:-)

Rob and Candy said...

Wonderful news! let the count down for the I171-H begin.
candy

kristin said...

YAY YAY!

Kelly said...

Yeah!! That is so exciting.. It won't be long now!!