Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Fingerprint Appointments Arrived from USCIS Today!

I was surprised to receive our USCIS letter stating our fingerprint appointment date/time today! So on that note - I'm so excited!

However - the fingerprint appointment is a specfic date (which I don't remember when we were adopting from China). It is set for 8 AM on 4/23. Somewhere in the back of my mind I remember being able to go to USCIS for fingerprints anytime after receiving this letter - but now I can't remember for sure.... Anyone from Texas know the answer to this? There is a number in the letter, but it's a recording that doesn't answer my question. I'm hoping I can just go in on Monday and they will take us in. I'm thinking that the appointment was set as a "final" date in which we had to get fingerprinted before or on that date when we were adopting Libby... but things may have changed since our China adoption...???

International Adoption Experienced Texas Folks - come to my aid!

Thank you,
Cindy

4 comments:

Allison said...

Not a TX adopter, but I remember when we got fingerprinted for Maggie's adoption, we were given a specific time and date to show up like the letter y'all got. Hope that helps!

Emily said...

We were told that if we came before we would not be allowed in due to security. However, after that when I actually talked to the adoption officer, she gave us permission to come a little early. Some offices are VERY strict on this. I've heard stories about people crying to teh security guard with no avail. Our office was MUCH more responsive to email...try that. good luck!!!

Amy Woods said...

I live in the Dallas area and just adopted from China(in the same group with Elissa H.). When we got our refingerprint appt. in October we were just able to go in whenever as long as it was done by a certain date. Don't know if that helps you or not.

LynnieB said...

We are finishing our adoption from Guatemala. We had our fingerprints done in SA in October. (We are also adopting from China and have done fingerprints for there twice) Anyway, we were told this was the new way of doing it in SA. They did have us in and out in probably 15 minutes (as opposed to three hours for China). Hope that helps!