Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Monday, January 12, 2009

hold that thought....

So, although I wrote the last post (a few hours ago) with complete confidence in God's timing - I still wrote it with sadness too - certainly not wanting to have to wait any longer. But then I received an encouraging phone call from another ET family and found out that more referrals came today and 2 of them were from the girl line!!! The Jones family received a referral for a baby girl and the VanDruff family received a referral for a 3 year old girl and a 7 year old boy!!!


I also discovered that several of the families on my "list" that I keep posting are requesting either a boy or a girl - which usually means they'll receive a boy - so as far as families requesting only an infant girl is concerned we are a little higher up the list than I realized - like maybe around number 9 or 10 maybe...

I'm not sure how to balance this encouragement with not setting myself up with expectations, but I'm trying. I am encouraged but I still realize anything is possible - faster or slower.

Here's the reconfigured list. If you count only the "girls only" families - then we're number 10!

1. (1)  Rothermund – girl request only – dte 3/19/08

2. (2) Eckhardt – girl only – dte 3/28/08

3. (3) Heinrichs – girl only – dte 3/28/08

4. (4) Keiderling – girl only – dte 4/18/08

5.    Gillman – EITHER – dte 4/18/08

6.    Fallgatter – EITHER – dte 4/25/08

7.    Mullins – EITHER – dte 4/25/08

8.    Rogers – EITHER – dte 4/28/08

9.    Bayly – EITHER – dte 5/2/08

10.  Stackler – EITHER – 5/2/08

11.  Precopia – EITHER – 5/2/08

12. (5) Taylor – girl only – 5/2/08

13. (6) Delfosse – girl only – 5/9/08

14. (7) Pickard – girl only – 5/9/08

15.  Bartley – EITHER – 5/30/08

16. (8) Gagnon – girl only – 5/30/08

17. Bushre – EITHER – 5/30/08

18. (9) Portilla -girl only-6/13/08

19. (10)  Foote - THAT'S US!!!! 6/13/08  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Redd - girl only - 6/13/08

21. Kerby- girl only - 6/13/08


Goodnight!
Cindy

4 comments:

beBOLDjen said...

Agh... THE WAIT. I wish I had something oh-so-wise to say. I don't! So I'll go to bed and pray for you.

It's hard.(There I go being a genius and stating the obvious!)

Prayerfully,
Jen

Amber said...

that away for looking at the positive side of this process. i know that i try to factor up what our timeline is and when i focus on it, i'm usually let down.
just knowing that it is in God's hands and timing is all we need.
we are with a different agency and are on both sibling and girl lists. hope we get to the top some time this year.

Kelli Gray said...

Cindy-your story has been such an encouragement to our adoption and to many others I am sure!! We just got our referral today, thought it might cheer you up during your wait for you to know how much God is using you to encourage others.
Kelli
www.loveabides.blogspot.com

Holly said...

As I was praying this morning, God brought Aria to mind and I prayed for her...for you three, as you wait. Perhaps this is your girl's birthday. It may be sooner than you think. Continuing in prayer for you!

Love,
Holly