Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Survey says....

Many thanks to all who have given their input. I have considered each and every one. For those who suggested that we wait until we see our baby girl- oh, how I wish I were that patient! hee hee! For now - yes, that means it could change again - I think we have decided to incorporate all the names by naming her:

Aria-Lu Hope Foote

and we will call her

"Lulu"

This way we can keep all the name meanings that I love and desire for her while calling her the name Billy wants to give her AND if Lulu is just too "Hollywood weird" for her when she grows up she can go back to the plethora of other names we have given her! LOL!

I have posted a song that has been ringing in my head all week. I love this song: "He Knows My Name"! It is so fitting for my sweet Lulu.

I want to also share some sad news. An AWAA family who was referred an Ethiopian baby in recent months was informed last week that their baby died of pneumonia before the family could travel to Ethiopia to get her. This song is a dedication to her as well. She is with her Maker now. He never left her. May the Lord comfort this family as they grieve the life of a child they were never able to hold.

Lyrics:
I have a Maker, He formed my heart
Before even time began, My life was in His hands
He knows my name, He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls, and hears me when I call

I have a Father, He calls me His own
He'll never leave me, No matter where I go
He knows my name, He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls, and hears me when I call

9 comments:

Susan said...

Good, creative compromise!

I LOVE that song!

Take care! Susan

Alli said...

I love the name Cindy! Great choice. The entire name is wonderful! Oh, and I love, "He Knows My Name". I saw the Ugandan Children's choir sing it a few weeks ago. Precious! I'm so sad for the family who lost their baby to pnuemonia. I can't imagine how they must feel. What an encouraging song for them.

Rebecca Caldwell said...

I think that is such a cute name! And I love that song!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the compromise you chose. Your dad was just telling me about the name changes. My husband and I are talking about adoption, and following first Libby and now Aria Lu is such an encouragement.

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog and have found it so helpful since my husband and I are adopting from Ethiopia and are in the homestudy phase. We are barley able to control and keep track of the paperwork and what we have ordered and sent where. Thank you for making such a great site the check lists and timeline!!
Oh, and about the names, they are great if we get a girl we were going to copy you guys alittle and name ours Zaria!! I love that you wanted to name her right away...that is so relational and personal its wonderful, and if it changes 10 more times it will be okay just think our Greatest Love Jesus has so many names intimate names to each and every one of us!
KG
Love Abides.blogspot

Cindy M said...

I, too, love the name! Hope is Caroline's middle name, too. Funny that you should have a post with that song mentioned in it...check out my blog post for Sunday...total coincidence, I promise! Or maybe not...God works in mysterious ways to align the hearts of those who serve Him. I am in awe of your heart for Him and for orphans, and I love your passion!

Here's the link:
http://nextfiveminutes.blogspot.com/2008/08/and-while-im-on-subject.html

Blessings...

Anonymous said...

Dear Cindy,

My name is Alba, and I am from Kehl, Germany. I found your blog while researching adoption sites. I've know I wanted to adopt from the moment I knew I wanted to be mom, and I find it wonderful that you posted both your journeys to Libby and Lulu; it is such an interesting insight of the process and such a big encouragement for future adoptive parents!

If I may say (since we don't know each other), Aria is such a beautiful name. Being a musician and a soloist singer myself, I think it is a perfect name for a little girl.

Greetings from EUROPE!

Alba

Emily said...

Hey Cindy!
Also, "Lu" is a common chinese name as well, so that's something else that connects your girls!
love the name!

Holly said...

Oh, my heart breaks for that family, who lost their girl before they met her. He indeed knows her name...knows Aria-Lu's name...knows yours and mine. When a loss like this happens, I have to just cry for their loss...and pray for their broken hearts. Tell me, what happens in this circumstance? Do they start over? Do they get another child without jumping through all the hoops? I'm just curious.