Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Aria's Room



Yesterday, Billy left town to speak at a worship conference in Atlanta. Anytime the hubby is away, this cat starts decorating! Since we moved to our new home I have not had a chance to get Aria's room done. So I used yesterday evening and all day today to paint - pokadots! I still have to get the headboard for the queen bed from the old house, but other than that - it's done!

Libby was an ANGEL today as I painted away. She came and sat on the bed in the room and colored and talked and pretended. We had a blast together. She even kept thanking me for painting Aria's room! It was so cute! I think she thought I was painting the walls just to entertain her. I explained to her that one day Aria would live in this room and I would not only be Libby's mommy, but I would be Aria's mommy too. I went on to explain that Aria and her would be sisters just like Maliah and Dakota are sisters. She smiled really big like she understood and was happy about it! Love that girl!

I spent some time praying over Aria while I painted her room. I can't wait to know who she is and what she looks like. I can't wait to see her in this room calling out for us or for her sister. I can't wait to watch Libby and Aria love each other and play like crazy.

Until that day - I'll be visiting this room to pray over you some more, baby girl.

11 comments:

Alli said...

Beautiful job on her room Cindy! I love what a special time you and Libby had in Aria's room. I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

The room is too cute!! I love it :)

eastandwest said...

What a beautiful room- only to be made more beautiful with sweet Aria in it!

It is so sweet that Libby is excited. Sisters are such sweet blessings from heaven.

LynnieB said...

The room looks great! I love the sweetgrass basket on her nightstand. Ah, Charleston - I love that city.

kim said...

Very Sweet Cindy! Isn't it crazy to think about Libby playing with Aria? We are like that with our daughter Jenna!!! Blessings,
Kim (YG)

kristin said...

I love it! Way cute!

Amber said...

The room is gorgeous and cute all at the same time :)

Travis and Lindsey's Ethiopia Adoption said...

Her room looks fantastic!!! I love the polka dots on the wall.

Rebecca Caldwell said...

cindy! it is beautiful!

Erin said...

Great room!!!

Christina said...

Hi, I found your blog from the Austin Yahoo group. I was thinking about doing polkadots for my baby room also. How did you do it? They look really good! Our walls are textured, so I am afraid that it will be tough to get clean circles. Any tips would be appreciated.