Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Home Study Packet Arrived!

We returned home last night from a 5 day trip to NM. It was a great trip, but we were exhausted. Libby didn't sleep well...so neither did mommy or daddy. When we checked the mail last night we happily found our home study packet waiting for us. I poured over the papers last night and most of today. I had to rewrite our autobiographies a great deal bc some of the info they request I had not included. I have to stop short on paperwork this evening due to leaving town again tomorrow. (still have to pack! yikes!) We'll return home Sunday night so I'll be back in the game first thing Monday!

I have not received my dossier packet from AWAA yet. That's a little annoying (to be completely honest) but hopefully it will be here soon. Our doctor appointments are on February 5 and I need our medical forms (which are in the dossier packet) by then! I called Duni (Ethiopia Program Director at AWAA) and left a message to see if she can email me that doc if it doesn't come in the mail by then. Haven't heard from her yet - probably will tomorrow.

We're putting our home study and post-placement fees in the mail tomorrow. And if I have time tonight I will be organizing all my completed paperwork into 2 seperate file cases - one for Home Study and one for our Dossier. Next week I'll post the home study checklist so readers can see for themselves what this home study thing is all about.

That's all folks,
Cindy

6 comments:

Katie said...

crazy...i was just wondering if the packet had arrived! my question was answered!

Jenn said...

I've been thinking about you! Surely they can send you the medical file in an email. If not....no worries....the Lord has it all planned. :o) I'm sure that the doctor could fill it out on another day too. Remember you have to go back to the dr.'s office anyway once you get the results for your TB test----or maybe you don't have to do that this time?? Praying for you and your family--ones here and little one in Ethiopia!

Sara said...

Welcome home! Thanks for posting so much detailed info. It is great for us "first timers" so see how things work. ~Sara

Sara said...

Welcome home! We hope to see you guys soon! ~Sara

Anonymous said...

Cindy, you have no idea how helpful your "detailed" journey is to us... even though international adoption is still a few years away for us (due to age requirements for the China program), it is really wonderful to see from your experience what we will be doing. It helps tremendously for me to wrap my brain around what the process will be like. I am so excited for y'all!

Camp Zoar is this week, and we are not there because of 6 1/2 month old Parker Ann, but I cannot help but remember how BLESSED I was by you, Billy, and Ms. Libby last year. It was amazing to spend time with Libby while you and Billy were ministering to the kids at camp. That is a week I will cherish for years to come!

Clayton & Amber said...

Hi, Cindy. My name is Amber Jones and I am in your Yahoo Group with AWAA (we're also adopting a little girl from Ethiopia). Just wanted to let you know that I took your advice and am reading the book "There is no me without you." It is awesome- so heart-wrenching but something I definitely needed. Thanks for the suggestion and may God bless your journey to Aria. Our blog is: www.journeywithjoneses.blogspot.com
-Amber