Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Friday, January 25, 2008

A Bit of Progress

In case anyone is wondering what progress is being made in our adoption journey, here's the update. We mailed our USCIS I600A form off a few days ago, we finished our family photo pages, we received an email yesterday from Lisa (director of social services in Texas for AWAA) saying that our home study packet is in the mail and we should receive it soon, and today we went to the police station to obtain the required criminal background clearance letters. In the last week or so I also typed our autobiographies (for home study).

There's still a mountain to climb, but we're doing what we can until the home study packet arrives. It will explain in better detail the rest of the paperwork we need to complete.

We leave town in the morning to head for the New Mexico Adult Evangelism Conference. Actually we're at a church Sunday morning and then the conference is Monday - Wednesday. We'll return home Wednesday night, repack Thursday and then fly to Alabama on Friday - Sunday. We've all been sick so we need prayer for healing. I need to have a completely healthy voice if I'm going to survive that much singing in such a dry climate.

Hopefully on our one day in town next week our packet will have arrived and I can look it over and get some things done. We'll see!!!

In the mean time - I keep reminding myself to slow down and enjoy Billy and Libby to the utmost before Aria arrives on the scene.

That's all folks!
Cindy

4 comments:

Katie said...

of course I love an update on the progress...I always check for new news! I am so excited about Aria! love you!

Alli said...

I just checked the blog and I just prayed for you! ;)

Jenn said...

Praying that packet will be waiting for you when you get home!

Anonymous said...

My husband and I were so blessed to hear you guys in Albuquerque! Yes, it's dry, but you sounded beautiful!!!

It is always awesome to worship with you guys!

Prayers as you begin this new journey. Aria Hope- such a beautiful name!!!

Mandy K.