Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Grammy and Papa Boots Visit!


I love those sweet lips! Gracie's chicken pox are starting to clear up. I've been putting pure vitamin E on those little scars and I keep praying they will all go away. But either way - she is just so cute!



On Wednesday evening Billy's parents -Billy and Winky Foote - arrived to meet Gracie for the first time and love on Libby too! Mommy had them dressed cute for the occasion. Libby wore her "Big Sister" t-shirt from Mrs. Angela (our drummer's wife) and Gracie wore a cute sundress I found at Target with giraffe print on it. I had surgery that afternoon so I was really groggy when they arrived. Mrs. Billie Gill brought an awesome meal for our whole family that night - pork tenderloin, oriental salad, rice, green beans, zucchini bread...YUM! Thank you Mrs. Gill!!!

Winky could not wait to hold Gracie. And Gracie LOVES to be held... so they made a good match really quick! 



We all hung out that first night as I needed to take it easy. The next day Winky and I had to wake up very early to get Gracie to the hospital for more tests (see previous post for details about that hospital trip). We were there from 7:15AM until 11AM. Billy, Papa Boots and Libby went for a ride in Billy's jeep (Libby's new favorite thing to do)! We all met around noon at Bass Pro Shops for some fun and food. We ate lunch there and by the time we were through it was time to get the girls some shut eye.

We drove home and attempted naps and then BC fixed his special soup for all of us. After dinner we prepared for pool time. The lazy river was awesome as Libby showed Grammy all her new tricks and Gracie floated with me for a relaxing nap on the water. By the time we left there is was time for the girls to go to bed. Winky enjoyed holding Gracie until she fell asleep and then some. Gracie was very comfortable on Grammy's shoulder. 

The next day it was time to have some more fun. We all got up, dressed and drove out to Gruene, TX for some shopping and lunch. It was H.O.T. out there. But we still had fun! Lots of people were interested in our adoption story and they all fell in love with our 2 beauties. Grammy and Papa enjoyed the antique shops best - and so did Libby. It was like a giant treasure chest and she found something on every aisle to play with. 

Above - the pink blouse Libby is wearing is from Wendy's (Billy's sister's) mother-in-law. She also gave Gracie a matching blouse. I think Grammy got some pictures of the girls together in their matching shirts. When I get those from her I'll have to share them. By the time I took my camera out Gracie had already had a blow out that left her matching outfit in need of a wash- ewww!
 
We ate lunch at Adobe Verde and took a family picture at our table:

After lunch we visited a toy store where Grammy bought Libby a cute furniture set to go in her dollhouse and a really cool guitar shaped purse for me. And then it was time to drive home. 

I actually managed to get both girls in my bed and have a short nap with all three of us in the same room.... that is a serious accomplishment! After naps we cooked a delicious meal together and enjoyed family time at the table.

After the girls went to bed Billy showed his parents funny videos he's found on youtube. His parents enjoyed that as we all got some good laughs in.

This morning BC (papa boots) and Winky had to head out. It was over all too soon. We got a couple more pictures of the girls with their grandparents but they were in their pjs still as mommy was moving very slow this morning.


Later today I dressed Libby and Gracie in another matching blouse set that is from Wendy. I got one really great picture of them sitting together and they are both smiling!



Our time with Winky and BC was very relaxing and enjoyable. We are so thankful they were able to drive down and meet Gracie before we're off to camps. It was also really great having Winky as a companion for that dreadful hospital trip for Gracie. I would never want to do that alone!

Billy and Winky - we love you very much! Thank you for everything!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVED all the cute outfits!!!! Especially the matching one from Wendy! Girl clothes are waaaaay cuter than boy clothes! I am so glad you guys had a great weekend! Love you all! Give the girls a kiss from me.

Becky said...

First of all, you look smokin hot! I need to start exercising. Second of all, I just love the pic of Gracie smiling! So cute! And the pic with Winkie kissing Gracie...awwwww. I'm so jealous! Tell those girls I love them!

Debi said...

Hi Cindy and Foote family,
You do look fantastic, Cindy!!
It looks like it was love at first sight for Grammy Winky and Papa Boots. Grandparents and aunties have the BEST jobs, to love unconditionally and spoil the kiddos.
Praying for God's great grace to continue to fill and cover you.
Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi

Holly said...

I'd love the recipe for BC's famous soup!

Your whole family is precious to us--we love you much! And we're praying for you...
Holly

Kelli Diane Kanani said...

I loved the pictures of Gracie looking up at Libby and the one of her looking at Billy's mom. Way to cute. I also just love the one of Libby and Gracie. What a great smile. You look great for having surgery and all of the events with Gracie's adventures. Love you!

Martha said...

Cindy, I am Amy Cashion Hickman's and Missy Cashion Bryant's aunt. I have read all of your blogs for sometime and wanted to tell you how much I admire you and Billy. Those are two beautiful girls and I totally understand your love of them. Precious! I pray that Gracie's tests all come back soon revealing nothing major wrong. What a beautiful family you all are. I will continue praying for you, Martha Vaughan