Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Friday, December 12, 2008

Not too much to say...

Tomorrow morning will mark 6 months of official waiting (since DTE of June 13). I'd love to say referrals are rolling in and we're moving up the line, but that is not the case. At some point we heard news that there would be some referrals in late November and then more in early December. In fact, late November did bring some referrals but thus far in December - NOTHING! - just complete, utter, awful silence....


We are nowhere close to the "top 10" in the waiting list - currently pushing number 17. I can't imagine how families closer to referral are feeling right now. I have checked our YG a thousand times this week just aching to see some kind of positive news. What will I be like when we are actually in the top 5 -10 - I'll be a total nut case.... you might want to pray for me.... and my family...

The Savage family - Hallelujah! - did pass court today so you can scroll down and on the right side click on "Savage" to see their baby boy's sweet face. So cute! Congratulations Savages.

Early in the morning we will be packing up the Suburban and driving for hours upon hours all the way to South Carolina. It will take at least 2 days to get there. We are celebrating Christmas with my side of the family just a little before Christmas so we can be back home for Christmas Eve and Christmas day. I am looking forward to being occupied by loving family, active nieces and lunch dates with long-time friends. 

Libby has an awful cough that a less than helpful doctor said not to worry about. Her doctor she normally sees was not in the office today. The doctor she did see - well, he might just get an unpleasant visit from my husband if Libby starts running a fever or ends up with pneumonia on this trip.  I explained to this doctor that last year at this time Libby had the same cough, same symptoms and then - boom - one day she ran a high fever. We were out of town so we had to go to Urgent Care and they did an x-ray and sure enough - the beginning stages of pneumonia. So I was hoping this doctor would do a chest x-ray or just prescribe some antibiotics that we could take on the road just in case there was a need for them - but nope - nothing. He listened to her chest, asked her to breathe deep (she's 3 and doesn't know how to do that so she just sat there) and he listened for about 5 seconds and was done. Do I really have to pay for that? He didn't look up her nose or wait to hear her cough...nothing... I should become a doctor - it looks way easier than the late nights up with a coughing child...

Okay - so I sound down and out and a little negative... but I actually am doing okay. The Lord has been putting some really interesting song ideas on my heart (and I am not the songwriter in the family) and I love the Christmas season and I sense the Lord's presence in all of this - so I'm doing well considering the weight of the wait.

Blessings to all and may referral news be released so joy may abound more than longing...

cindy

5 comments:

Kara said...

Hey!

Thanks for the sweet words you left for me! They were like healing rain on a weary soul. I am better today but the end seems so farrrrrr away.

Have a wonderful trip! We will be praying for traveling mercies and sending prayers up for precious Libby too! We are covering you until your return to Texas.

Merry Christmas!

Kara

Chris said...

I think this time of year makes all of us mommies feel like expected mothers anxiously anticipating our saviors birth, consequently making waiting for a referral that much harder. I look forward to hearing the song that is stirring in your heart and that is inspired by this great season. I am sure it will be nothing less than wonderful. I will be praying for you and your precious family to have a joyous Christmas filled with love, health and safe travels!
In Christ,
Chris

Amber said...

Praying for you and yours. God has your child and knows the perfect time to bring you together. He knows all things. This adoption thing is so much about have the patience of Job and the persistence of Paul.
Merry Christmas.

Holly said...

Praying for the wait and that ol' weight of burden. We are still soaking in your CD!

I have a trivia question for you and Billy. It would make my day, if you could help me find this song on CD! Here is my dilemna (is that even spelled right?):
http://crownlaiddown.blogspot.com/2008/12/gem-of-christmas-song.html

So please help me find that tune! :-)

I cannot wait to hear what God effects from your time writing, Cindy. Can't.wait!

The Amato's said...

Cindy
I found your blog by linking some of Megan Wall's friends pages. I just wanted to leave a little note telling you how encouraging you & your family are to me. My husband Ryan & I have a heart for adoption as well & know that it is not God's timing for us yet but look forward to the time when we will be able to begin the adoption process. It was also helpful to see the cost that we will have to face & can begin to plan for that. Your family seems abundantly blessed due to your obedience to the Lord & your open heart.
Sarah Amato