Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Friday, November 14, 2008

Hallelujah - referrals are rolling once again!!!

This week I have been so concerned about referrals and have just LONGED to see a referral from our agency for the families on the top of the waiting list. Well, today it happened! The Blackwell family, the Hall family and the sweet Forrest family (who lost their first daughter to illness before ever meeting her in ET) all received referrals today. Congratulations to all!


There are rumors that many more referrals are to come - especially girl referrals! COME ON! THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO HEAR! It is expected that by early Dec. all families with DTE's through March will receive a referral! WOW! That means we really are on schedule - I can expect a referral in mid to late March - at least for now. Ahhhhh.... relief!

I woke up this morning and thought - "I haven't registered for anything at BabiesRUs for Lulu and I need to do that." So I got started. We already have so much from our first precious girl, but we still need car seats, a double stroller, sling, and some other basics. It just hit me today, for some reason, that I better start getting ready for Lulu to arrive. I need to get baby gates up at the top and bottom of the stairs. I need to get safety plugs on all the electric outlets. I need to get clothes out of boxes and organize her closet. I need to make our payment to AWAA by Jan (that one's not so fun). I need to get some of Libby's old toys out of the storage closet. I need to do so much! And I totally need to start thinking about what I will need for travel. I haven't been reading many posts about that so I need to do some research. Oh! And I probably need to start getting my shots for travel.... oh my, oh my!!! YEAH! This is getting exciting, folks!

Chan family - if I were a valley girl I would say, "You've been waiting for your referral for, like, ever!" I am so praying that you get a referral for an adorable baby boy this coming week!!!!!!!!!!! Holler!

This week some AW families are traveling to get their little ones. Scroll down to link to their blogs so you can follow their journeys: The Juvinalls, the Gambles, the Armstrongs, the Pridemores and the VanWettens (who are going BACK to ET to pick up their 2nd. daughter whose court case was postponed - they were just in ET 2 weeks ago to get their other ET daughter!)

And - here is the glorious updated, estimated list for the "girl waiting list":
(re-adjusted this list on Nov. 25, 2008 because the Black family also received a referral of a girl)
Bowman - 1

Lunceford - 2

Rothermond - 3

Eckhardt - 4

Heinrichs - 5

Jones - 6
Keiderling - 7
Gillman - 8

Mullins - 9
Moffat - 10

Pickard - 11
Delfosse - 12

Drogovich - 13
Gagnon - 14
Bartley - 15

Portilla - 16
Foote - 17!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Redd - 18
Kerby - 19

Reed - 20
Bowers - 21

Carpenter - 22

Monberg - 23

3 comments:

kristin said...

YAY!!!

Anonymous said...

yay! i was praying fr lulu yesterday and thinking about that sweet girl that God has chosen to be a Foote! about how amazing He is that He ordained her parents in another country and all that He did to bring it to pass. this is such exciting news!!!! Your sweet libby gets a sister soon!

Erica said...

Thank you for your post! It has been rather discouraging lately with the lack of referrals. Your list is the first one I've ever seen that has our name on it...how uplifting to know that there is going to be a wonderful end to this adoption journey. We're praying right along with you!

The Reeds