Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Power of Worship

There is power when we call on the name of the Lord - the name that has full power! Our ET/YG families have been so heavily burdened this week with the news about increased fees, but last night Jesus decided to step into the YG dialogue (love it when He does that) and everyone that was online last night came together and had a sweet time of worship through worship lyrics, hymns, scriptures, testimonies, prayers and blessings. It was our battle cry - our attempt to focus on the Lord as we forge into the frontlines of battle for our families, finances, agency and most importantly our ET children! One of the things we prayed for besides God's provision and change of heart towards the fee situation was for the Forrest family baby who has been extremely sick with pnuemonia and on oxygen in an ET hospital. Today, the Forrest family posted this good news on YG:

We have learned that baby girl is out of the "danger, danger" zone.
(As I term it) She is doing better today which I feel is 100% a result
of your prayers and many others. She is still in the hospital, is
still on oxygen for rapid breathing. She is eating well and responding
to a new antibiotic. Praise the Lord!...

...Thanks for your continued prayers on behalf of Forrest babe!
Blessings,
Hilary
www.ethihopeia.com

PS I have full confidence in care our agency is giving. One of the
drugs she is/was on our doctor here in America was surprised they had
access too. It would have been her drug of choice as well. Fortuna has
a deep heart for our children and PRAYS for them!

One of the hymns last night that was so powerful to me was the old hymn "Because He Lives". The second verse was so perfect as I thought of the Forrest baby. It says,

How sweet to hold a newborn baby,
And feel the pride and joy he gives
But greater still the calm assurance
This child can face uncertain days because He lives
Because He lives I can face tomorrow
Because He lives all fear is gone
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living just because He lives.

Just praising God for answered prayer today and continuing to request your prayers over all the adopting ET families and the ET children, particularly the Forrest baby. If you would like to visit the Forrest family adoption site go to: www.ethihopeia.com

The cross is lifted over us. We journey in its light!
Cindy

7 comments:

Renee' said...

It was such a sweet time of worship, and so powerful. I love it when God does that too!

Katie said...

Awesome! I just headed over to your blog to leave a comment and tell you that last night I spent a lot of time in prayer over all of these things you mentioned in this post...then I saw what you wrote today! I love how good God is! I'm praying right along with you, Cindy! Love you!

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you guys so much and for the process to speed back up immediately so that you and the other parents can bring your sweet gifts home soon!

Kara said...

WOW! I was so moved by the worship time too. It was so powerful! I was following along but was so touched, I could not write! Because He Lives is my favorite hymn. It brings back sweet memories of singing at baby dedications at my home church. Blessings to you!
Kara

ethiHOPEia said...

Cindy,
Let me just say from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU for your post and prayers! I actually haven't been reading all the posts so this was really encouraging to me to know what was going on the other night.
I love the song "Because He Lives" and I am moved by the way in which you applied it to our story.
You have been a blessing to us today. We are blessed to have a great Savior and Physician. May He do exceedingly, abundantly, ABOVE all we can ask or think!
In Christ,
Hilary Forrest

Rebecca Caldwell said...

that was awesome! Thank you for being so open to the leading of the Lord.

Karen said...

Cindy - THANK YOU for the amazing worship we had together on Wednesday night! We were still numb after receiving news about our court delays, and then the fee increase notice. It is amazing how everyone's focus changed throughout the evening and we all ended up united behind this cause in Ethiopia! Truly the Lord was at work through you! with love, Karen Wistrom